Walnut Kale and Balsamic Dip
Written by Rachel, Posted in Appetizers, Bread, Cheese, Dinner, Gluten Free, Lunch, Main Dishes, Nuts, One Dish Dinners, Quick and Easy, Sauces, Sides, Snacks, Vegetables, Vegetarian
Dinner Tonight – French Bread with Oil, Vinegar and Walnuts
Dinner tonight was fresh baked French Bread, with, I don’t even know what to call the side, not a sauce, just a mixture of yummy foods that go well together. Quick, easy, delicious.
- 5 T olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 C red onion
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- sprinkle nutmeg
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 C chopped walnuts
- 1/4 to 1/2 C chopped kale (chard, spinach, dandelion or any greens that you have on hand)
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf French Bread, fresh from the oven (or fresh from the store, warmed in the oven)
- Saute the onion in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and red pepper flakes, over medium-low heat, until the onion is softening, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, walnuts and kale, cook about 3 minutes more.
- Serve warm, with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top (lots of it!), and scoop the mixture with hot from the oven French bread.
This would be awesome with bacon crumbled into it. (July 22, 2010)
Cooking Light’s French Bread Recipe