Roasted Fig Tea Sandwiches
|Roasted Fig Tea Sandwiches||
- 14 figs, chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- pinch salt
- 1/8 t pepper (or to taste)
- 12oz. (1 1/2 pkgs) cream cheese
- 14 slices white bread
- Toss figs with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, or until figs are lightly roasted.
- Let figs cool.
- Soften cream cheese and mix with figs. Add a little more pepper if desired.
- Top bread with mixture and top with a second slice of bread.
- Cut into triangles, quarters, or fingers.
You could use leftovers to make Stuffed French Toast, or Baked French Toast.
Makes 7 sandwiches total.