Radish and Feta Toasts
It sure feels like spring here in LA. And our boxes of Abundant Harvest Organics goodness are telling the same story. We’re into the season of radishes, snap peas, and asparagus.
I love it!
Something these dishes all have in common: they hide the radishes well.
That’s ok. I mean, I figure that it’s great to get as many veggies into a dish as you can. But, how about if we highlight the radish a wee bit here, and enjoy a little bit of the bite.
So that it’s not too strong, the radish is chopped small (diced or minced). Whatever kind of radish you have will do just fine.
Mix away. This is going on some toast!
Things get all fresh and bright and springlike when flavors like lemon, dill, and feta are combined together.
Can you taste it? Are you eating it for snack out on the porch, enjoying the spring weather?
Maybe you’re having it for dinner, along with some white fish that you’ve roasted in the oven. Mmm… I think that sounds lovely.
If there are any leftovers, wrap it up in your favorite kind of tortilla with some snap peas and kale. You’ll be glad you saved some for lunch.
- 1/4 C radish, minced
- 1/2 T salted butter, at room temperature/softened
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 C spring onion, minced
- 1/2 T fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 to 1 T fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 T fresh parsley, minced
- to taste salt
- 2-4 slices bread (sourdough, rye, French), toasted
- Combined radish through salt. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Spread on toasted bread.