Quick and Easy Herbed Roasted Chicken Thighs with Cherry Tomatoes – In the Kitchen with Rachel O – Video
If you’re hungry, put up your hand!!
It’s 10am as I type this, and I can not wait for dinner… It may be a long day. 😉
Here’s what inspired this dish: yumminess and ease. It’s gonna look like you slaved away. Seriously. But, the reality is that this meal takes minimal preparation, and most of the cooking time is inactive. Winner winner chicken dinner. Oh and then bonus, it taste amazing. How can it not with all those amazing herbs, roasted tomatoes and peppers, and juicy chicken thighs.
Sigh. Have I mentioned that I’m really hungry?
I am going to serve this with a green salad, and some hearty bread to use to soak up the sauce and wipe the plate clean.
And when I’m done eating, I may just come back here and stare at the photos and imagine that I could eat this at every meal… Ok, maybe that’s exaggerating a little bit. I’ll leave breakfast alone.
Although, with any leftovers, you could make some hot grits to go along with slices of cold chicken, and serve it with a fruit salad. If you’d rather leave chicken for lunch and dinner (totally cool), you might enjoy a chicken salad sandwich. Toss chopped chicken with some mayo, the tomatoes, and peppers, and a bit of the pan drippings, maybe a bit of dijon mustard.
Or maybe there won’t be any leftovers. I could see that happening.
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 sprig fresh savory
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2-3 chicken thighs, bone-in
- 1 C (heaping) cherry tomatoes (about 24-26)
- 2 sweet peppers, sliced (bell peppers would work too, use 1-2)
- 1/4 t dried thyme
- 1 T fresh savory, chopped
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t dried parsley
- 1/4 t dried rosemary
- to taste, salt
- to taste, pepper
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Heat ovenproof skillet over medium heat. When hot, add butter and 1 T olive oil. When hot, add sprig of savory and swirl around (infusing the butter and oil) for 2 minutes. Discard savory.
- Add a tiny bit of salt and pepper to oil. Add chicken, skin side down, and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, flip, and cook 3-5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat. Add tomatoes and peppers. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with herbs, salt, and pepper. Pour vinegars into the bottom of the pan. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 180F.
- Serve with tomatoes and peppers, topped with pan drippings and a slice of crusty bread for mopping up the sauce.