With Family – Cooking with Josh
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
My brother was visiting from Ontario, Canada last week. We had so much fun together. We showed him the sights, relaxed, watched movies,Ã‚ and cooked together. We made a delicious dinner the other night. He really wanted to take part in Pizza Friday. We decided to make Pizza Friday happen on Husband’s last day of work before vacation. The pizza was inspired by bacon, and was gobbled up by us three hungry movie watchers, while the dog looked on longingly… I don’t think he got a taste, sorry Brando.
Here’s the recipe. It’s not really healthy, but we had it with a salad, so it seemed healthier. 🙂
- 1 pizza crust
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 package small mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 T (heaping) honey
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 C monterey jack cheese
- Cook bacon. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Remove all but 1 T fat from pan. Cook mushrooms and onions in bacon pan with honey. Cook until caramelized.
- On a floured pan, roll/stretch out pizza dough. Bake at 475F for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top with olive oil, some of the cheese, bacon, mushrooms and onions, and the rest of the cheese. Bake an additional 6-8 minutes more.
I’m going to take the rest of the month off, to spend time with family and friends and just enjoy Christmas. I’ll be back in January with a new episode of A Cooking Show with Rachel O – This Week’s Feast, more recipes, ideas, thoughts, guest posts… and more. I have some fun things planned! Until then, look around the blog. There are lots of recipes to try that I brought over from my original blog, and some newer ones too (if you’re new to the blog). Some that I’d recommend:
Thanksgiving Soup (you could make this Christmas soup, and use your Christmas leftovers)
Mashed Potato Soup (another great leftovers soup)
Burgers and Fries (something different, or you could make sliders for your New Year’s party)
Hope you had a joyous and merry Christmas and wishing you a happy and blessed New Year!
Powered by Facebook Comments