Butternut Squash Pasta Carbonara
Written by Rachel, Posted in Beef, Cheese, Dinner, Eggs, Main Dishes, Meat, Pasta, Pork, Vegetables
|Butternut Squash Pasta Carbonara
Recipe Type: Pasta, Main
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
A creamy pasta dish topped with bacon. What could be better?! It’s like a grownup, fancy version of Chili Mac.
- 1 C parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 6 oz. (about 5 slices) thick cut bacon
- 1 C roasted butternut squash
- 1 t lemon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C white wine
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 C dried pasta
- Heat salted water for pasta. Cook the bacon. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and discard fat. Add wine to pan and deglaze, scraping the crispy bits off the bottom. Add ground beef. Add pasta to water.
- Once beef is cooked, remove from pan and set aside. Remove pan from heat. Mix egg, squash and half the cheese with a fork. Add to pan and mix with cooked pasta, coating the pasta. Cook over very low heat. Add lemon juice, olive oil and remaining cheese.