Butternut Squash Pasta Carbonara
Author: Rachel Oberg – De Ma Cuisine
Recipe type: Pasta, Main
A creamy pasta dish topped with bacon. What could be better?! It’s like a grownup, fancy version of Chili Mac.
- 1 C parmesan cheese
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 6 oz. (about 5 slices) thick cut bacon
- 1 C roasted butternut squash
- 1 t lemon
- 1 egg
- ¼ C white wine
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 C dried pasta
- Heat salted water for pasta. Cook the bacon. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and discard fat. Add wine to pan and deglaze, scraping the crispy bits off the bottom. Add ground beef. Add pasta to water.
- Once beef is cooked, remove from pan and set aside. Remove pan from heat. Mix egg, squash and half the cheese with a fork. Add to pan and mix with cooked pasta, coating the pasta. Cook over very low heat. Add lemon juice, olive oil and remaining cheese.
Powered by Facebook Comments