Rindfleisch Gulasch (Beef Stew)
|Rindfleisch Gulasch (Beef Stew)||
Recipe Type: Main, Dinner, Stew, Soup
- 2 onions, finely chopped, use food processor
- 1 lb of cubed stew meat
- smart balance or butter for browning onions and meat
- 4 Tblsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Caraway seeds
- 2 Tblsp Rice Vinegar
- 5-6 beef stock
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Tblsp Ground Majoram
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 small can tomato soup
- Each step is important to a perfect tasting Gulasch! In large stock pot sautee onions until they appear soft (10 minutes), stir often, do not let them brown, put lid on in between stirring.
- In separate pan brown meat, add meat to onions, sprinkle with paprika. Stir well. Sprinkle with rice vinegar, stir well.
- Transfer mixture into crock pot. Add the rest of the ingredients, adjust liquid level to cover all the meat. Cook covered on low for 6-7 hrs.
- During the long period of cooking all the finely chopped onions will dissolve and create a very rich tasting sauce!
- Thicken sauce with cornstarch if desired.
- Season to taste.
Serve with Red Cabbage and Spaetlze (egg noodles) or regular pasta or potatoes.