Cooked Red Cabbage
|Cooked Red Cabbage||
Recipe Type: Side, Vegetable
- 1/2 Red Cabbage, washed, sliced into strips
- 1 Apple, peeled, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 Onion ( red, white or yellow)
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked, torn into pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp rice vinegar (has milder flavor)
- 1-2 tsp caraway seeds
- Add all ingredients in large stock pot, bring to boil and let simmer, covered for about 45 minutes, until cabbage softens.
- Add a little water if it appears too dry.