Almond and Black Pepper Crusted Roast Pork
- 1 pork leg, trimmed of fat
- 2 T unsalted butter, softened (at room temperature is perfect)
- 2 T honey
- 3 T almonds, ground
- 1/2 to 1 T freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t salt
- 1 C water
- Pre-heat oven to 275F.
- Combine butter through salt in a small bowl. Rub over both sides of pork.
- Place pork in a greased oven-proof dish. Pour water around pork. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 2 hours (or until internal temperature reaches at least 165F). Remove foil. Increase temperature of oven to 350F. Bake 30 minutes more.
- Tent with foil and let rest 15-30 minutes or so before slicing.