What Husband Had for Lunch – Episode 28
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
For this week’s episode, I tried some of the Italian Sausage from Llano Seco Organic Pork. Is it ever good!! It pairs well with browned butter, carrot, and summer squash in this dish. After I took my first bite, I couldn’t stop eating. I just kept goin’. Then I realized that I had forgotten to take a photo. Whoops. I knew it was good. I made it last week when we had some friends over for dinner. I don’t know why I was surprised yesterday. We ate it for dinner and Husband had it for lunch again today. I love that he will gladly take leftovers for lunch. 🙂
Last week, to go with our dinner I made Joy the Baker’s Nectarine CobblerÃ‚ (but I used peaches). I was so insanely good. I wished I’d made it again yesterday (and feel the same way today). I want to eat it. It’s amazing hot, of course, but it’s also delicious sneaked from the fridge at any hour of the day. And the butter on the bottom gets kinda crispy and caramelized and oh gosh it’s just darn good. You might want to make it. I want to make it, again.
|Browned Butter Pasta with Italian Sausage and Basil||
- 3-4 small-medium summer squash, chopped (about 3 C total)
- 1 carrot grated (about 1 1/2 C)
- 4-6 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) Italian sausage, sliced in rounds
- 1 C white wine, chicken or vegetable stock (or even apple juice would work)
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 T butter
- 5 kale leaves, cut in chiffonade (thin ribbons)
- 1/2 C pasta water
- basil, chopped (for topping)
- parmesan cheese, grated (for topping)
- pasta, any kind you like – cook according to package directions
- Bring pasta water to a boil.
- Heat skillet over med heat. Add butter and olive oil. Cook until browned. Whisk in dijon (it may bubble up a bit, mine did). Add veggies (except kale), sausage, salt, and pepper.
- Cook pasta.
- Add wine/stock, pasta water, balsamic vinegar, and kale. Cook 5 minutes or so (until the liquid comes back to a boil, and boils for a little while).
- Toss the sauce with the drained pasta.
- Serve topped with basil and parmesan cheese.
Small note about the AHO box… In case you were wondering, the 3 kinds of peppers in the large box are as follows:Ã‚ Long skinny green ones are Serano, yellow are Santa Fe, thicker green ones are JalapeÃƒ±os. (Thanks, Heather!!)
This meal can be found on Tuesday ofÃ‚ this weekÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s menu.
Powered by Facebook Comments