The Full Moxie and 12 Hour Chili
Today I’m a guest over at The Full Moxie!
Natali posted her “Sugar Dream” Cookies recipe here for me on Friday. And today, I’m over there. I’m talking about my favorite kitchen gadget, my Cast Iron pans, and there’s a giveaway to win a cookbookÃ‚ (sponsored by The Full Moxie, so I’m totally entering)!!!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend! We did… Hunger Games on Friday night, with 12 Hour Chili to eat beforehand. A lazy Saturday. A rainy Sunday with Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Rosemary.
|12 Hour Chili||
- 6-8 C beans (I used black, pinto, and kidney), soaked overnight, but not cooked
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 C sundried tomatoes, finely chopped or pureed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 C leeks, chopped
- 4-6 C water
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 T smoked chili and garlic sea salt
- 2 T smoked paprika
- 2 T sweet paprika
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t ginger
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 t pepper
- regular salt (opt.) to taste
- 1/4 C + 2 T balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 T honey
- 2 T molasses
- 1 T cornstarch, disolved in 1/4 C water (opt.)
- Soak beans overnight. Rinse well.
- Add all ingredients except 2 T balsamic vinegar, cornstarch and 1/4 C water to Crock Pot. (When adding the 4-6 C water: Beans will absorb water, so make sure there’s enough so it doesn’t burn, but not so much that it’s too soupy.)
- Cook on high for 8 hours, then on low for remaining 4 hours. If it hasn’t thickened enough, add cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 C water. This will help.
- Add 2 T balsamic vinegar right before serving.
- Serve with cornbread, chips and guacamole, and topped with things like: Greek yogurt, cheese, salsa (if you need more heat), or chives.
(I served the Chili with The Pioneer Woman’s Skillet Cornbread. It’s now my go-to recipe for cornbread. It was amazing!!)
In case you’ve missed things that are going on around here…
Last week marked episode 15 of A Cooking Show with Rachel O! I madeÃ‚ Spaghetteroni and Cheese. It was really yummy!
This week’s menu, as always, is posted on theÃ‚ menus page. Use it. Enjoy it. Eat great food.
Coming up this week:
Episode 16, which features pizza. I love pizza.
On Friday, my guest is my father-in-law. He’s making jam. It’s really good jam.