12 Hour Chili
|12 Hour Chili||
Recipe Type: Chili, Soup, Main, Dinner
Prep time: 16 mins
Cook time: 12 hours
Total time: 12 hours 16 mins
Chili cooks all day in the Crock Pot. The house will smell amazing, the food will taste even better!
- 6-8 C beans (I used black, pinto, and kidney), soaked overnight, but not cooked
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 C sundried tomatoes, finely chopped or pureed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 C leeks, chopped
- 4-6 C water
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 T smoked chili and garlic sea salt
- 2 T smoked paprika
- 2 T sweet paprika
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t ginger
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 t pepper
- regular salt (opt.) to taste
- 1/4 C + 2 T balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 T honey
- 2 T molasses
- 1 T cornstarch, disolved in 1/4 C water (opt.)
- Soak beans overnight. Rinse well.
- Add all ingredients except 2 T balsamic vinegar, cornstarch and 1/4 C water to Crock Pot. (When adding the 4-6 C water: Beans will absorb water, so make sure there’s enough so it doesn’t burn, but not so much that it’s too soupy.)
- Cook on high for 8 hours, then on low for remaining 4 hours. If it hasn’t thickened enough, add cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 C water. This will help.
- Add 2 T balsamic vinegar right before serving.
- Serve with cornbread, chips and guacamole, and topped with things like: Greek yogurt, cheese, salsa (if you need more heat), or chives.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe