Recipe Type: Main, Side, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Eggs, Stove Top, Baking, Vegetarian
Using some of the first spring vegetables of the year, this Frittata is perfect for an outdoor brunch.
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 large leek, chopped
- 1 stalk green garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch (about 20) asparagus, ends trimmed, chopped
- 1-2 T fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 1/2 to 1 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 C milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Heat ovenproof skillet. Add olive oil. Add potatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook covered, over medium-low or low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Add asparagus, leek, and mushrooms. Cook uncovered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
- Add green garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Whisk eggs with milk, salt, pepper, and parsley. Turn heat to medium-low and add eggs to pan. Stir once. Cook for 1 minute, stir again, then cook for 3-5 minutes, or until eggs are starting to set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.