Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Pizza
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
|Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Pizza||
Recipe Type: Pizza, Dinner, Main
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 80 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
Roasted garlic and broccoli are some of my favorite tastes. On one of my favorite things, they’re even better!
- 1 pizza crust (see below for a link to our favorite)
- 1 head garlic (roasted – 350 or 375F 45 min to 1 hour)
- 1/2 – 1C milk
- 1t red pepper flakes
- 3/4 C broccoli
- 2T oil
- 1T flour
- 1t cornmeal (opt. – can also use flour)
- 1 1/2 C cheese (sharp cheddar and monterey jack)
- Roast garlic 375F 45-60 minutes or so – until it’s soft. Roast broccoli – 375F 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal/flour on greased pizza pan. Roll out dough.
- Mash garlic. Set 1/4 of it aside.
- Prepare sauce: heat oil, whisk in flour, 30 seconds; add milk a little at a time, whisking constantly. Once thickened, add mashed garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Spread remaining garlic on dough. Top with sauce, cheese, broccoli, and a little more cheese.
- Bake according to pizza crust directions (or 375F for 15-18 minutes).
Cook time includes roasting time for garlic, which is inactive.
Powered by Facebook Comments