Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Pizza
I’ve been trying to make a new kind of pizza each Friday. I came up with a bunch of new and creative ideas, because while I love regular pepperoni, or ham and pineapple, it’s fun to try something new. Here’s one week’s invention:
Hope you like it! I made it for dinner with friends, along with my Philly Cheesesteak Pizza, and we ate all of both of them! Next I’m making Chicken Club Pizza. Hope it’s yummy!
|Roasted Broccoli and Garlic Pizza||
- 1 pizza crust (see below for a link to our favorite)
- 1 head garlic (roasted – 350 or 375F 45 min to 1 hour)
- 1/2 – 1C milk
- 1t red pepper flakes
- 3/4 C broccoli
- 2T oil
- 1T flour
- 1t cornmeal (opt. – can also use flour)
- 1 1/2 C cheese (sharp cheddar and monterey jack)
- Roast garlic 375F 45-60 minutes or so – until it’s soft. Roast broccoli – 375F 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal/flour on greased pizza pan. Roll out dough.
- Mash garlic. Set 1/4 of it aside.
- Prepare sauce: heat oil, whisk in flour, 30 seconds; add milk a little at a time, whisking constantly. Once thickened, add mashed garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Spread remaining garlic on dough. Top with sauce, cheese, broccoli, and a little more cheese.
- Bake according to pizza crust directions (or 375F for 15-18 minutes).
Cook time includes roasting time for garlic, which is inactive.