Poor Man’s Roosevelt – Mushroom and Gruyère Flatbread
We have Pizza Fridays in our home. Even last Friday. Our oven broke, so I used the toaster and using a small baking dish did a stuffed mini pizza. So good! Pizza Fridays started when I was looking for the best pizza dough. I was going to make a different one each week and have a little competition. (Note: A few years later, I’m still searching for that perfect crust!)
A little over a month ago I thought it would be fun to try a flatbread pizza. The Roosevelt used to have an amazing Truffle Flatbread that I wanted to try to make at home. Oh man. Best idea ever! The first time we had it, we had to pause the movie so I could make a second one because it was so good! I wasn’t going to buy truffles (I mean, I want to, but a little pricy), so I used mushrooms, really thinly sliced. Just read the recipe, then try it, you won’t be sorry. Then try it with other toppings. It’s delightful! I can’t wait until tomorrow – Pizza Friday! Our oven is still broken. We’ll see what I come up with. But you, you can make this tonight, or have your own Pizza Friday!!
|Poor Man’s Roosevelt|
- Parmesan, grated
- Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 t Olive oil
- 5-10 mushrooms, thinly sliced (use more or less, depending on your preferences)
- 1/2 t fresh oregano (opt.)
- 1 t fresh rosemary (opt.)
- salt (opt.)
- 1 pizza dough
- Lightly flour pizza stone and roll out dough super thin (we’re talking 1/4″ or less, maybe even 1/8″).
- Bake at 475F for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with: olive oil, salt, cheese (reserving a bit), oregano, rosemary, mushrooms, cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes, or until it’s lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Delicious with champagne!
***** (Our rating)