My Favorite Pizza Dough
Here it is, with my changes. I hope you try it!
|My Favorite Pizza Dough|
- 3 C flour (can do 2 1/2 C All Purpose, 1/2 C Whole Wheat)
- 1 t honey (heaping)
- 1 t olive oil (heaping)
- 1 C hot water (100-110F)
- 1/2 t sugar
- 1 T yeast
- 1/2 t salt
- Dissolve yeast in water with sugar.
- Mix flour, honey, oil and salt.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Mix all together.
- Knead a bit in the bowl (the original recipe doesn’t say anything about this. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t).
- Either let it rise (I don’t, and the original doesn’t say to), or just use it right away.
- I like to bake it on a baking stone, but a regular pan works well too. Bake at 475F.
- Depending on the type of pizza (usually for a flat bread pizza), sometimes I’ll bake the crust for 6 minutes, top it, then bake for about 5 more (until the cheese is bubbly). Otherwise, on a hot stone: bake for 8 minutes, on a regular pan: bake for 12 minutes.