Pluot Tart with Black Pepper
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
|Pluot Tart with Black Pepper||
Recipe Type: Savory dessert, Appetizer, Side
Inspired by May birthdays and sweet, summery pluots, this dish would be a great appetizer, side dish, or savory dessert.
- 1 pizza crust
- 3 T reduced balsamic vinegar (start with about 1/2 C)
- 3-4 pluots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- 4 strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 C red onion, sliced
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 T butter, melted
- In a small saucepan bring balsamic vinegar to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over low heat. Cook until thickened and syrupy, about 8-12 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
- In a hot, dry pan, cook onions with maple syrup and salt. Cook over medium-low heat until caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Thinly roll crust. Bake crust for 5 minutes at 425F.
- Brush crust with melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and press it into the crust with a spatula (just a little).
- Top with onions, pluots, nutmeg, and pepper. Bake for 7-9 more minutes (until crust is to your desired doneness).
- Top with strawberries and drizzle reduced balsamic vinegar.
- Serve at room temperature, or warm.
Powered by Facebook Comments