Recipe Type: Pasta, Main, Dinner, Stove Top
Quick. Easy. Delicious.
- 1/2 pkg. rotini rice pasta
- 2 T butter
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped in bite sized pieces
- pinch cayenne
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 to 1 C pasta water
- 1 t dijon mustard
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 C parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta. Reserve 3/4 to 1 C pasta water, then drain and keep warm.
- Heat pan, add butter and oil. Let it brown over medium heat. Add broccoli, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and cook over medium or medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Whisk pasta water with mustard, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Pour over broccoli and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and let stand while you grate the parmesan cheese. Toss the pasta with the cheese.
You could change this up so easily to suit your tastes, and what’s in your pantry. Squash, cauliflower, fennel, carrots, onions, more garlic, less garlic… you get the picture. Use what you have and what you like!