Ahh! What’s For Dinner?!
It’s almost dinner time. I’m eating crackers and cheese because I’m starving. Also because I don’t know what to make for dinner, which means it could be a couple of hours before we eat. Must haveÃ‚ sustenance.Ã‚ We’ll probably have something with potatoes. We have a lot.
We usually have pizza on Fridays. It’s a good tradition. But, we’re going out for pizza tomorrow. And while I can totally handle eating pizza two days in a row, I want to be extra excited for tomorrow’s dinner, so we’ll have something else tonight.
This kinda happened on Wednesday too. But, it wasn’t a two days in a row problem. It was an “I’m too tired to make what I have on the menu so I’ll make something else”, problem. I’m glad I had that problem. I made a really yummy pasta.
I’ve told you before that pasta is a go-to, quick and easy meal for us. What I was craving this week was a simple, buttery, cheesed noodle, with one vegetable. Easy. Broccoli, butter, parmesan, noodles, done.
Hope tonight is as successful. I’d better put away my crackers and get to work! 🙂
- 1/2 pkg. rotini rice pasta
- 2 T butter
- 1-2 T olive oil
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped in bite sized pieces
- pinch cayenne
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 to 1 C pasta water
- 1 t dijon mustard
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 C parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta. Reserve 3/4 to 1 C pasta water, then drain and keep warm.
- Heat pan, add butter and oil. Let it brown over medium heat. Add broccoli, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and cook over medium or medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Whisk pasta water with mustard, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Pour over broccoli and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and let stand while you grate the parmesan cheese. Toss the pasta with the cheese.