Lentil Quinoa and Carrot Supper
- 1 C lentils (rinsed and sorted)
- 1/2 C quinoa (rinsed and sorted)
- 2-3 C water
- 1 C red wine
- 1 C greens (I used spinach)
- 2-3 carrots, chopped in rounds
- 1 C cauliflower, chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1 green garlic, chopped (or 1 clove regular garlic)
- 1 T za'atar seasoning
- 1 t smoked sea salt
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 t paprika
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 T olive oil
- parmesan cheese, shaved, for topped
- parsley, for topping
- Heat medium to large pan on stove. Add oils. Add carrots, cauliflower and seasonings. Cook 5 minutes, or until veggies are getting tender, over med heat. Add green garlic, cook 2 minutes or so.
- Add water, wine, lentils and quinoa. Bring to a boil. Cook about 15-20 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Add more water if necessary. Add greens about 5 minutes before serving. Water should be absorbed, not like soup - unless you want soup!
- Serve topped with shavings of parmesan cheese and parsley, along with some good bread.