Ginger Citrus Stir Fry – Episode 12
Hello Episode 12! Using the contents of my Abundant Harvest Organics box, I made a delicious stir fry. It has carrots, bok choy, broccoli, leeks, and chard.
The sauce is citrusy with a hint of ginger. A quick, healthy, easy meal. Great for lunch or dinner!
(Next week there will be a giveaway on here, to do with her cookbook.)
Ginger-Citrus Stir Fry
- 1 bunch broccoli, I left them whole, you could chop them if desired (that’s what I’d do next time)
- 1 bunch bok choy, halved or chopped
- 2 chard leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 handful mache, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, chopped into rounds
- 1 carrot, sliced into ovals
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/4 t ground ginger (fresh would be great too!)
- 1/8 t red pepper flakes
- 1 T honey
- 1 1/4 T cornstarch
- 1/2 C water (or use more orange juice)
- 1/8 C (or more) soy sauce
- salt (opt.)
- 3 T canola oil
- Cook whatever you want to go with the meal – meat, rice/quinoa etc…
- Chop veggies.
- Whisk together cornstarch, orange and lemon juices, water, soy sauce, honey, seasonings.
- Heat pan (a large frying pan, or wok would be best) over medium-high heat, add canola oil. When it’s hot, add carrots, leeks, and broccoli. Toss often, using tongs, cooking for a few minutes (veggies should retain their bright colors).
- Add bok choy, meche, and chard to pan. Toss to combine. Cook a few minutes more. Veggies should be hot, but still tender-crisp.
- Add sauce to pan. Stir to combine. Return to heat and cook about 1 minute, or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Serve with rice (or whatever sides you’ve chosen) and enjoy!