Fennel Pollen + Burgers = Yes!
It’s burger time!!!
As promised, these are the Fennel Pollen Burgers that I mentioned in Episode 61’s post.
While I was taking photos I devoured half of this burger. I needed a photo with a bite missing. Like that took a lot of convincing.
It’s ok if you haven’t tried fennel pollen yet. But, you might want to give it a whirl. For real. I get mine from Pollen Ranch.
The burgers are meant to be eaten with Crispy Veggies with Fennel Pollen Dipping Sauce. Another dish may do, but I like these two together.
- juice from half a lemon
- pinch fennel pollen
- 1 t garlic smoked sea salt
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T Fennel Pollen Dipping Sauce (plus more for topping)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 t olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 C water
- tomato, for topping
- lettuce, for topping
- 4 hamburger buns (for Gluten Free, use GF buns!)
- Whisk together lemon juice through dressing. Add beef and combine (but don't overmix). Shape into 4 patties. Press each patty in the middle with your thumb to make a slight indent.
- Heat skillet over high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot, add patties and turn heat to med-low. Cook covered for 5-6 minutes. Flip, add water to pan, and cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes more (or until beef reaches desired temperature - I prefer mine to be cooked to 160F).
- Place on a bun and top with Fennel Pollen Dipping Sauce, lettuce, and tomato.