Sheila’s Espresso-Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
Espresso-Chocolate Chip Biscotti
Author: Sheila Stachofsky
Recipe type: Baking, Dessert, Snack
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup choc. Chips
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- ⅛ t salt
- ½ cup instant coffee granules
- 1 T hot water
- 1 T veg. Oil
- 2 t vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix flour through the salt. In a small bowl, mix the instant coffee with 1 T hot water until the granules are dissolved. Blend the rest of the ingredients, along with dissolved coffee, into the dry ingredients until mixture is blended and seems like a stiff cookie dough.
- Divide dough in half. Form 2 logs, 14 inches long and 2½ inches wide, ¾ inches high. Place side by side on parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake 3- minutes. Remove and cut in ¾ inch slices, diagonally. Use a sharp, serrated bread knife for this, cutting gently in a sawing motion so the biscotti does not crumble. Arrange slices on the pan, and bake an additional 10 minutes to toast and make crunchy. Flip and toast again (you do not have to do this step if you prefer your biscotti chewy).
- For an added special touch, you can dip one end of the biscotti in melted chocolate.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container or plastic bag, or in the freezer.
Powered by Facebook Comments