Sheila’s Chai Spice Biscotti
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
|Sheila’s Chai Spice Biscotti||
Recipe Type: Dessert, Baking, Snack
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 T loose Chai spice tea or orange spice tea (about 3 tea bags)
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 t ground allspice
- 1 1/2 t ground cardamom
- 1 T veg. Oil
- 1 T orange juice
- 3 large eggs
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the flour through cardamom. Add the wet ingredients and blend well until mixture resembles a stiff cookie dough.
- Divide dough in half. Form 2 logs, 14 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide, 3/4 inches high. Place side by side on parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake 3- minutes.
- Remove and cut in 3/4 inch slices, diagonally. Use a sharp, serrated bread knife for this, cutting gently in a sawing motion so the biscotti does not crumble.
- Arrange slices on the pan, and bake an additional 10 minutes to toast and make crunchy. Flip and toast again (you do not have to do this step if you prefer your biscotti chewy).
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container or plastic bag, or in the freezer.
Powered by Facebook Comments