Sheila’s Almond Biscotti
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
Sheila's Almond Biscotti
Author: Sheila Stachofsky
Recipe type: Dessert, Baking, Snack
- 3¼ cup flour
- 1 T baking powder
- ½ t salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1 t each, almond extract and vanilla
- 1⅓ C (5 oz) slivered blanched almonds (toasted first, 10 minutes at 350 degrees, cooled)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line sheet pan with parchment paper or foil thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s been greased.
- Sift together first 3 ingredients and set aside. Beat eggs and sugar for 2 minutes till light and fluffy. Add oil, vanilla and almond, mix until thick and smooth, 1 minute. On slow speed, add flour mixture. Knead in nuts (also you can add chopped dried apricots, cranberries, dried cherries, walnuts, white chocolate or chocolate chips. Be creative!).
- Divide dough in half. Form 2 logs, 14 inches long and 2½ inches wide, ¾ inches high. Place side by side on parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake 3- minutes. Remove and cut in ¾ inch slices, diagonally. Use a sharp, serrated bread knife for this, cutting gently in a sawing motion so the biscotti does not crumble. Arrange slices on the pan, and bake an additional 10 minutes to toast and make crunchy. Flip and toast again (you do not have to do this step if you prefer your biscotti chewy).
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container or plastic bag, or in the freezer.
Powered by Facebook Comments