On this, my 20th episode, I hope you like to laugh. I also hope you find bloopers as funny as I do. If not, I hope you like bacon. If not, I hope you like Sugar Snap Peas, roasted and salted organic Almonds, salty Parmesan Cheese, fresh organic Tomatoes, sour Lemons, and reduced Balsamic Vinegar. If none of this suits your fancy, um… you can just watch it for the bloopers. Yes, there are lots. I’m celebrating 20 episodes here! (In case you didn’t already know that I have fun at work.)
This dish is a lot like Pasta in a Pinch. A few different ingredients, slightly different sauce, and voilÃƒ , a new dish. If there’s something else you want to add from any week’s Abundant Harvest Organics box, go ahead! If you shop at the grocery store or farmers’ markets, or grow your own produce, feel free to make substitutions!
|Sugar Snap Pea Pasta|
- 2 C pasta
- 4-5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tomato, chopped
- juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 T olive oil
- 1-3 C sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1 C parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1/2 to 1 C pasta water
- pinch cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 T almonds, chopped
- reduced balsamic vinegar (start with 1/2 C and reduce down)
- (If bacon isn’t cooked, cook and chop now.) Cook pasta (reserving 1/2 to 1 C water before draining). Reduce vinegar.
- Heat pan, add oil. Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato, lemon zest and juice, maple syrup, cayenne, and pasta water. Cook to reduce liquid, 5 minutes (or more).
- Add snap peas. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Toss pasta with sauce and 3/4 C parmesan cheese.
- Serve topped with bacon, parmesan cheese, and a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar.
Cook time includes pasta. Will vary depending on type of pasta.
This meal can be found on Thursday of this week’s menu.