Sugar Snap Pea Pasta
|Sugar Snap Pea Pasta|
Recipe Type: Pasta, Main, Lunch, Dinner
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
A simple dish that highlights some of springs great flavors.
- 2 C pasta
- 4-5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tomato, chopped
- juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 T olive oil
- 1-3 C sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 1 C parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1/2 to 1 C pasta water
- pinch cayenne
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 T almonds, chopped
- reduced balsamic vinegar (start with 1/2 C and reduce down)
- (If bacon isn’t cooked, cook and chop now.) Cook pasta (reserving 1/2 to 1 C water before draining). Reduce vinegar.
- Heat pan, add oil. Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato, lemon zest and juice, maple syrup, cayenne, and pasta water. Cook to reduce liquid, 5 minutes (or more).
- Add snap peas. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Toss pasta with sauce and 3/4 C parmesan cheese.
- Serve topped with bacon, parmesan cheese, and a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar.
Cook time includes pasta. Will vary depending on type of pasta.