Easy, Peasy Chicken
On Wednesdays, I’m usually really busy editingÃ‚ the week’s show. I don’t have much time to work on dinner. So, I try to plan an easy meal that I can do in the Crock Pot. Last week, I had gotten a chicken from the add-ons section fromÃ‚ Abundant Harvest OrganicsÃ‚ (fromÃ‚ Mary’s ChickensÃ‚ - who, in my opinion, have the best organic chicken).
My friend Genevieve, ofÃ‚ Create, Nourish, Share, found a spice store called Savory Spice Shop, in Boulder, CO, and loves to get her spices there. There are a couple locations in CA, but I have yet to visit. SheÃ‚ gave me some Za’atar seasoning as a gift, which I’m really enjoying.
We’ve been getting citrus in our AHO boxes. I love citrus!!
Combine all three of these things in a Crock Pot, and there’s dinner. It was easy and delicious. I heated up some leftover Parmesan Risotto, made some Wilted Greens with Bacon, and we were ready to eat.
|Za’atar Citrus Chicken||
- 1 whole chicken, giblets etc discarded (or made into stock)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1-2 T Za’atar seasoning
- smoked sea salt
- 1 1/2 C water
- olive oil
- Pour water into Crock Pot.
- Add chicken and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Za’atar.
- Cover with lemon and orange slices. Sprinkle with a little more Za’atar.
- Cook on low for 4 1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer inserted into thick part of chicken reaches 180F.
Great with Risotto and Wilted Greens!
- giblets etc from 1 chicken
- Rinse and cover with water. Boil 2 hours.
- Refrigerate or freeze. Skim off fat (which will rise to the top) before using.
Powered by Facebook Comments