BBQ Sauced Crock Pot Chicken
|BBQ Sauced Crock Pot Chicken||
- 1 pack chicken breasts (mine had 2)
- 1 pack bone-in chicken thighs (mine had 2)
- 1 C BBQ sauce
- 1/4 C water
- 1/2 C apple cider
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped in large pieces
- 1 sweet pepper (or bell pepper), roughly chopped in large pieces
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped in large pieces
- Drizzle olive oil in a Crock Pot.
- Mix sauce, water, vinegar, and cider. Pour 1/4 of the mixture into the bottom of the Crock Pot. Place chicken on the sauce and pour remaining sauce over top. Arrange veggies over top of chicken.
- Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours (mine took about 4), or low heat for 5-6 hours, or until the chicken breast’s internal temperature comes to 170F, and the thighs come to 180F.
Cooking time depends on how cold chicken is when it goes into the Crock Pot. Mine was still slightly frozen, so it took a little bit longer. The most important thing is that it comes to a safe internal temperature.