Za’atar Citrus Chicken
|Za’atar Citrus Chicken||
- 1 whole chicken, giblets etc discarded (or made into stock)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1-2 T Za’atar seasoning
- smoked sea salt
- 1 1/2 C water
- olive oil
- Pour water into Crock Pot.
- Add chicken and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Za’atar.
- Cover with lemon and orange slices. Sprinkle with a little more Za’atar.
- Cook on low for 4 1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer inserted into thick part of chicken reaches 180F.
Great with Risotto and Wilted Greens!