Chard Wraps with Beef and Tarragon
|Chard Wraps with Beef and Tarragon||
- 4 large chard leaves
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 t fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 t French tarragon, chopped
- 1 C tomato sauce
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 green garlic, chopped
- 2 C chicken stock
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 C rice, cooked (I used leftovers)
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 4 toothpicks
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Boil water in a large oven safe pot. Add chard leaves and cook 1 minute. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Discard water (you could use it for a soup, or to water your plants – when it cools). Add beef to pot. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes. Add tarragon, rice, tomato sauce, dijon, and parsley; cook 3-5 minutes.
- Taste. Add more salt if needed.
- Divide beef mixture in 4. Lay each piece of chard flat. Place 1 quarter of the mixture (more or less, depending on the size of the chard leaf) in the center. Wrap sides inward, then wrap top and bottom to overlap where sides folded in. Secure the stem with a toothpick.
- Pour stock into the same pan you’ve cooked the beef in. Carefully place the wraps in the pot. Bake for 20-30 minutes.