Liz’s Carrot Cake
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
Liz's Carrot Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- ½ teas. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked carrot puree **TIP: buy shredded carrots and then steam them to soften**
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup golden raisins (optional)
- ½ cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray pans with cooking spray.
- Onto a piece of wax paper, sift the flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In large bowl, with a electric mixer on high, beat the eggs and granulated sugar until light yellow. Beating constantly, slowly add the oil, taking 4 or 5 minutes to blend well. Beat in the carrot puree and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour mixture just until it disappears, then fold in the raisins, applesauce, and walnuts. Spoon the batter into the pan(s) until almost half full.
- Bake and cool according to type of cake (see Notes).
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- While the cake cools, make the frosting.
- Swirl on the top of the cooled cakes. You can also sprinkle with more nuts for a decoration.
Cooking Time: Cupcakes: Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan on racks for 5 minutes before turning out onto the racks to cool completely. Bundt Cake: 1 hour 10 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before removing from pan. Layer Cake: Check at 25 minutes to 35 minutes.
Powered by Facebook Comments