Liz’s Cream Cheese Frosting
|Cream Cheese Frosting||
- 12 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter (not margarine) at room temperature
- 4 1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar **make to taste**
- The zest of 1 lemon **again, to taste**
- In a medium size bowl, with an electric mixer on high, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low and slowly blend in the confectioners’ sugar and lemon peel. Increase the speed to high and beat until fluffy.
(measurements based on a 2 layer cake)