Grilled Cheese with Gruyère Apple and Ham
Today is National Grilled Cheese Day. My brother, Josh, informed me of it this morning. It would have been just wrong not to have it for lunch.
I’m totally cool with a plain old grilled cheese. You know, bread, butter, cheese, done. But today I wanted a fancied up version. Hello gruyère, rosemary ham, fuji apple, olive oil, and a touch of salt, between two pieces of Ezekiel bread. Hello indeed.
Now go eat some lunch. I know you’re hungry!
- 2 slices bread
- 1 t olive oil
- teensy pinch of salt
- a few slices of thinly sliced ham (rosemary ham if you can find it)
- Gruyère cheese, as much as you need, sliced
- fuji (or your favorite) apple, thinly sliced
- Drizzle oil on one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle with salt and distribute evenly over the slice. Top with cheese, ham, and apple slices. Close.
- Place into a hot skillet over medium or medium-low heat. Cover (opt.) and cook for about 3ish minutes, or until the bread is crispy. Flip and cook uncovered until cheese is melted and second slice of bread is crispy.