Browned Butter and Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
|Browned Butter and Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta||
- 4 T cream
- 4 T butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 butternut squash
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 3/4 to 1 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1t balsamic vinegar
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 3/4 to 1 C pasta water
- GruyÃƒ¨re, finely grated, for topping
- 1/2 lb. fresh, homemade pasta
- Heat oven to 350F. Halve squash, scrape out seeds. Drizzle with olive oil. Place cut side down. Bake for 1 hour, or until flesh is soft. Let cool and scrape flesh from skin.
- Cut tips off garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap with foil. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool and squeeze pulp from skin.
- Over med-low heat, cook butter, with sage leaves, until it’s browned (I usually partially cover it because it tends to splatter a lot). Add squash and garlic, mash in with a fork. Add salt, pepper, vinegar, and cook over low heat for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta for about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta water to sauce, stir.
- Drain pasta, add to sauce, add cream; combine.
- Serve topped with GruyÃƒ¨re.