Chicken Caesar Salad with Fava Beans – Episode 22
Today is no longer my birthday. But, I have one last Birthday Extravaganza giveaway to do…
I want you to win an Abundant Harvest Organics box!!!!
(This giveaway is now closed. Winner was chosen using random.org!) Thanks for entering!)
The winner is: Cathy Oberg!!!
Congratulations, Cathy!! Please let me know which delivery location you will pick up from.
The episode is a shorter one. Filming on my birthday meant working just a half day. I took part of the afternoon off, was spoiled by Tim, and went out with some really good friends to a local French restaurant. It was delicious! I had Steak with a Red Wine Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Asparagus. For dessert I had Crème Brûlée. Wish I could have that again for dinner tonight!
Back to the episode… It features Fava Beans in a Chicken Caesar Salad. Um, yes please! It’s a simple salad that is great lunch or dinner, as a side or a main dish… Tim didn’t even complain that we were just having salad as a meal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I still have some lemons left from a few weeks ago, so I used those in the dressing, as well as some yummy garlic, dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, and Bari Organic Olive Oil. I used the lettuce that was in this week’s AHO box, and topped our salad with a few roasted and salted almonds, and some homemade croutons.
I love the addition of fava beans in the salad. They add protein, fiber, vitamins A and C, potassium, and iron. You could omit the chicken if you wanted to have a vegetarian salad. Either way, I think it will be delicious.
To enter to win a box from Abundant Harvest Organics:
Leave a comment on this post.
Like De Ma Cuisine and Abundant Harvest Organics on Facebook and post about this giveaway tagging De Ma Cuisine and AHO in the post. Then come back here and leave one additional comment about it (no comment, no count :)).
This giveaway is sponsored by Abundant Harvest Organics!!
Giveaway ends Wednesday, May 16th at 9 am (PST).
One winner will be chosen. Winner will receive 1 box of produce from Abundant Harvest Organics. Giveaway is limited to residents of residents of California (who are able to pick up their prize from one of AHO’s delivery sites). Winner will be chosen using Random.org and winner’s name will be posted on this page. Winner will have 3 days to contact me to acknowledge the win. After that time a new winner will be chosen.
|Chicken Caesar Salad… With Fava Beans||
- 1 head lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 C chicken, cooked and shredded (I used leftovers)
- 1/2 C fava beans, blanched and shelled
- Options for toppings: chopped almonds, 1/2 C croutons, parmesan cheese, bacon
- caesar salad dressing
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Snap tip of fava bean and pull down using the string. Remove beans from inside. Boil beans for 30 seconds. Remove from pot and immediately plunge in an ice bath (bowl of cold water with ice in it) to stop the cooking process.
- Gently peel the tip, and squeeze the bean out.
- Prepare dressing.
- Assemble and toss salad with dressing.
This dressing recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman’s recipe: Pam’s Simple Scrumptious Caesar Salad.
|Caesar Salad Dressing||
- 2-3 T lemon juice
- 5 T mayo
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 10 T olive oil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Whisk all ingredients except oil together.
- Slowly drizzle oil in, whisking as you do.
- 1 C cubed bread
- 1 T olive oil
- Toss cubed bread with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Broil 5 minutes in toaster oven, flip, and broil 2 minutes more.
- Let sit 5 minutes.