A Summer Favorite – Caprese Pasta – Episode 33
This is a perfectly delightful mid summer dinner. All that cooks is the pasta. Grab some tomatoes and basil – both in season right now, some fresh mozzarella, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and you’re set!
I plan my menu weekly. I try to follow it. But, time gets away from me, or plans change and sometimes it’s dinner time and I don’t know what to make.
This happened last Thursday. It was a pretty good day, but got kinda long in the late afternoon. Suddenly it was 5:30pm and I had no idea what to make… then I remembered that I’d bought some mozzarella, we got tomatoes in our Abundant Harvest Organics box, and I had fresh basil in the garden. Perfect!
I thought this would be a great meal for the show, so you have something really quick and easy, and YUMMY to make for dinner! I hope you make this and I hope you enjoy it. I hope that its simplicity allows for an even more relaxed evening of Olympic watching. 🙂
This recipe can be found on Tuesday of‚ this week’s menu!
- 10-15 pear tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 medium-large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ball of mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 C basil, chiffonade
- 1 1/2 C pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 2-3 T balsamic vinegar
- Cook pasta in boiling and salted water.
- Chop cheese and veggies while pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss tomato, basil, and mozzarella with olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add pasta.
- Eat and enjoy.
Great with garlic bread!
Also delicious cold, as a pasta salad.