Chicken Caesar Salad… With Fava Beans
|Chicken Caesar Salad… With Fava Beans||
- 1 head lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 C chicken, cooked and shredded (I used leftovers)
- 1/2 C fava beans, blanched and shelled
- Options for toppings: chopped almonds, 1/2 C croutons, parmesan cheese, bacon
- caesar salad dressing
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Snap tip of fava bean and pull down using the string. Remove beans from inside. Boil beans for 30 seconds. Remove from pot and immediately plunge in an ice bath (bowl of cold water with ice in it) to stop the cooking process.
- Gently peel the tip, and squeeze the bean out.
- Prepare dressing.
- Assemble and toss salad with dressing.