Bean and Green Soup
|Bean and Green Soup||
- 1 C winter squash, peeled and chopped
- 6 small or 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 1-2 t smoked sea salt
- 1/2 to 1 t thyme, lemon and bay sea salt (or use a bay leaf – take it out before serving)
- pepper, to taste
- 1-2 T paprika
- 1-2 T chili powder
- 1-2 T honey
- 4-6 C stock
- 6-8 C water (I used 8)
- 2 C 8 bean soup mix
- 2 C spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 C rainbow chard, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- Add beans and water to Crock Pot. Cook overnight on low (about 8-10 hours).
- Add all remaining ingredients except spinach, chard and balsamic vinegar. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 4-6).
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- An hour before serving, add chard and spinach.
- Right before serving, add balsamic vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Would be great with ham, chicken or beef, and with bacon crumbled on top. I will serve with Herbes de Provence and Parmesan Buttermilk Biscuits.