Wowza Steak Salad
To go with the Red Cabbage and Apple Tarts that I made for the latest episode of A Cooking Show with Rachel O, we had Steak Salad with Gorgonzola Dressing. I chose not to include it as part of the show because I wanted to focus on the tart. (Plus, the show’s only 4 minutes long. I can only fit in so much footage!!)
These two dishes were meant to be together. Literally. I made them up by paring flavors that would compliment each other. And, oh man did they ever (don’t believe me, ask Husband!)!
It’s easy. It’s yummy. Maybe you need something to make for Easter lunch, a gathering with friends, dinner for a loved one, just for yourself!? This meal would be a good idea. Our secret will be that it looks and sounds so much more difficult than it actually is.
Your menu could be…
Individual Red Cabbage and Apple Tarts
Steak Salad with Gorgonzola Dressing
|Steak Salad with Homemade Gorgonzola Dressing||
- Dressing: 1/3 C Greek yogurt
- 1/2 C buttermilk (or 1 T white vinegar, fill up to 1 C line with milk, stir, let stand 5 minutes)
- 2 T mayo
- 1 1/2 t lemon juice
- 1 t dijon
- 1 clove garlic, minced and made into a paste with salt (scrape and smash the small pieces in the salt with your knife)
- 1 T chives
- 1/4 C gorgonzola
- Salad: 1 C arugula
- 2 C lettuce
- 2 C spinach
- 2 steaks (marinated for at least 4 hours with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper), thinly sliced
- 1-2 T olive oil
- Heat pan. Add oil. Heat oil. Cook steak for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until it reaches desired doneness. Remove and let rest.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Top lettuce with steak and dressing.
- Serve with Red Cabbage and Apple Tarts
(I adapted this recipe to make my version of Ranch Dressing. I adapted that version of Ranch Dressing to make this Gorgonzola Dressing.)
This recipe can be found on Friday of this week’s menu!