Recipe Type: Condiment, Sauce, Stove Top
Made with honey, maple syrup, lemon, and strawberries, this jam is delicious and sweet!
- 3 pints (heaping 4 C) strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/3 C honey
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- zest from 1 small lemon
- Put a plate in the freezer. Combine berries, lemon zest, honey, and syrup in a large pot. Mash with a potato masher. Bring to a rapid boil (spoon stirring is unable to stop the bubbling) and boil, stirring often, for 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce to medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes (or until jam is to desired thickness – to test put a small amount on the chilled plate to cool quickly and check thickness), stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes. Ladle into clean half pint jars, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top. Wipe any jam from the lip of the jar and place lid on. Let stand for 15-30 minutes and then place in the refrigerator. Cool completely and then place in the freezer.