Steak Salad with Homemade Gorgonzola Dressing
|Steak Salad with Homemade Gorgonzola Dressing||
- Dressing: 1/3 C Greek yogurt
- 1/2 C buttermilk (or 1 T white vinegar, fill up to 1 C line with milk, stir, let stand 5 minutes)
- 2 T mayo
- 1 1/2 t lemon juice
- 1 t dijon
- 1 clove garlic, minced and made into a paste with salt (scrape and smash the small pieces in the salt with your knife)
- 1 T chives
- 1/4 C gorgonzola
- Salad: 1 C arugula
- 2 C lettuce
- 2 C spinach
- 2 steaks (marinated for at least 4 hours with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper), thinly sliced
- 1-2 T olive oil
- Heat pan. Add oil. Heat oil. Cook steak for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until it reaches desired doneness. Remove and let rest.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Top lettuce with steak and dressing.
- Serve with Red Cabbage and Apple Tarts
(I adapted this recipe to make my version of Ranch Dressing. I adapted that version of Ranch Dressing to make this Gorgonzola Dressing.)