My friend Christy‘s son, Will, is an aspiring cook. You may also remember Christy‘s daughter, Katy, who loves to cook too. It must run in the family! (By the way, I’ve had some of Christy’s mom’s Irish Soda Bread. She’s a wonderful cook too! Three generations of cooks in that family. Wow!)
Hi! I’m Will Durrance and I am 9. I started cooking after watching cooking shows like Chopped and Cupcake Wars with my mom and sister. I like cooking because it’s like making art with food that you can eat!
With normal mac and cheese you have to cook the noodles first and make a cheese sauce. But we started calling this recipe “Magic” Mac and Cheese because you put everything in the pan and stir and it’s ready to go in the oven. This mac and cheese recipe definitely beats the kind you can get at a restaurant. Most kids could make this because it has four ingredients. Maybe you could even make this for Mother’s Day for your mom and ask your dad to help!
|“Magic” Mac and Cheese||
- 3 c. uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2-3 c. shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, pepper jack, gouda, etc. or a combination)
- 1 t. salt
- 4 c. milk
- Optional: peas, broccoli, tomatoes, sausage, chicken
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add all ingredients and stir gently.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top.
Serves 6-8 as a main dish, more as a side dish.
Powered by Facebook Comments