CrÃƒÂªpes, by Katy – Guest Post!
My friend Katy loves to cook. She is twelve, and is already a master at CrÃƒªpes and Omeletes (among other dishes). I asked her to share her recipe forÃ‚ CrÃƒªpes with us. I hope you enjoy it!
Hello, my name is Katy and IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m a friend of RachelÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s. Today IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m going to show you how to make my favorite and very easy crÃƒªpes!
I was introduced to crÃƒªpes a couple of years ago by my uncle, Andrew. He absolutely loves France and made them one summer for a small family get-together. I didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t stop loving them since. In fact, for the past couple of years IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve helped my uncle cook the crÃƒªpes for the annual crÃƒªpe family night in the summer. These crÃƒªpes are really good, but in the recipe, you have to let the batter sit for an hour, sigh. It already takes a long time to cook for 10 people, why add more time? Well I found a recipe that doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to sit for an hour, and it tastes exactly like my uncleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 TB of cooking oil
- a teaspoon of salt (if you are making dessert crÃƒªpes use 2 tablespoons of sugar instead of salt!)
- butter (for the pan)
- In a bowl, combine eggs, flour, milk, cooking oil, and salt (or sugar if dessert crÃƒªpes).
- Heat a pan on the stove on medium-high heat until pan is fairly hot, then turn it down to medium heat.
- Take a little bit of butter and set it in the middle of the pan. Then, using your hands, lift up the pan and twist it in a circular motion until most of the pan is coated. Then put 1/4 of a cup of the batter on the middle of the pan, and using the same circular motion, coat all of the pan with batter. If there are holes use a spoon and put some of the batter in the holes. Remember, you want this to be as THIN as possible!
- After a minute or so you can flip it over with a spatula.
- After another minute you can just slide it on a plate!
It takes around 30 minutes to cook all of the crepes, while one take about 1 minute and 30 seconds. This batch makes about 18 crepes and serves 8-9 people.
You can eat this by itself but……… With toppings it tastes much better!
- Ham and cheese
- Turkey and cheese
- Spicy cheese spread (My favorite savory filling!)
- Nutella with strawberries topped with powdered sugar
- Cinnamon apples topped with whipped cream
- And my personal favorite, lemon and sugar topped with sugar!
Our family (Me) even makes crÃƒªpes without my uncle, and our favorite time to have them is Christmas time! HereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a couple of our favorite meals with crÃƒªpes.
If you want to feel cozy….
This is a good combination if you want to curl up by the fire or watch a movie while eating! Make sure you fold the end of the crepes on each side so you can use your fingers instead of utensils.
Turkey and cheese crÃƒªpes with sliced apples, and for dessert Nutella and strawberry crÃƒªpes with hot chocolate.
A good lunch on a cold day
The sun might be shining but itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s really cold outside! This meal keeps you happy and warm.
Spicy cheese spread crÃƒªpes with caesar salad, and lemon sugar crÃƒªpes with good olÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ non alcoholic (Since IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m 12!) egg nog!
Bon Appetite! Ã‚ Ã‚