Spaghetteroni and Cheese
|Spaghetteroni and Cheese (version the second)||
- 1/2 lb. (or enough for 2-4 people) spaghetti or other pasta
- Spaghetti Sauce:
- 1/2 to 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- I C cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 C kale, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano (or about 1 t dried), chopped
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 1 T olive oil
- Bechamel Sauce (cheese sauce) 2 T olive oil
- 2 T flour
- 1 t spicy brown mustard
- 1-2 C pasta water
- 1 C milk (I used 2%)
- 1 C cheese (parmesan and cheddar)
- 1 t smoked paprika
- Cook pasta. Meanwhile, cook meat. Drain and wipe out pan if necessary.
- Add to meat pan: 1 T olive oil, leek, carrot, cauliflower, and garlic. Cook until veggies are tender (about 5-10 minutes) over med heat. Add tomato sauce, herbs, and seasonings.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1-2 C water (helps the sauce stick to the pasta). (If meat sauce is finished first, add pasta water, adding enough until it reaches desired consistency, cover and let simmer on lowest heat setting.)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add flour and whisk together, cook for 30-60 seconds. Slowly whisk in milk and water. Once it thickens, add mustard and paprika. Turn off heat and add cheese, whisking in.
- Top pasta with beef sauce and cheese sauce and more grated parmesan (and fresh basil if youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d like).
- Great with a spinach salad with some chopped apple, and orange dressing. Or, garlic bread would of course be good.
2/5 (only because you have to make a bechamel/cheese sauce, which can be difficult at first)