Roast Beef in the Crock Pot!
- 1 roast (Tri Tip, Chuck… whatever your favorite roast is)
- 1 1/2 C water
- olive oil
- *Above is a simple roast. If you want to, you could add: red wine, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar in addition to, or in place of the water. You could also add herbs/spices like: red pepper flakes, chili powder, rosemary.
- Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of the Crock Pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add roast.
- Pour water around roast. Drizzle roast with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours, on high for 3-4, or until internal temperature reaches 160F).
With the pan drippings you can make gravy: Heat 2 T oil, whisk in 2 T AP flour. Let bubble 30 seconds or so. Slowly whisk in pan drippings. Bring to a bubble and let thicken. Add and salt, pepper or seasonings to taste. Voila, gravy. 🙂