Gen’s Pumpkin Cookies with Brazil Nut Cream Frosting
Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /homepages/0/d239794658/htdocs/rachel/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 98
|Pumpkin Cookies with Brazil Nut Cream Frosting||
#ratingval# from #reviews# reviews
Recipe Type: Cookies, Dessert
Author: Genevieve Gladysz
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- Cookies: 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cup spelt flour
- Frosting: 1/2-3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 coconut butter
- 6 dates
- 1 1/2 cups brazil nuts
- Optional: 3 Tbs chai tea latte concentrate
- 1 Tbs grated ginger
- Cookies: Preheat oven to 350Ã‚°F. Whisk melted butter with sucanat, followed by eggs, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in flour.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, scoop a generous tablespoon size amount of batter on a stone baking sheet or a parchment lined metal baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until springy to touch. Cool.
- Top each cookie with a dollop of frosting or use two cookies to create a whoopie pie. Enjoy!
- Frosting: The frosting will be creamiest if you have a good blender that can handle a brazil nut (VitaMix is the absolute best- expensive but worthy investment!). The food processor will be your next best option, creating a texture slightly more coarse. I chose to spice up the basic frosting, adding a chai flavor using an organic concentrate and grated fresh ginger. The same affect could be achieved with the addition of the traditional chai spices of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger and black peppercorns instead of the concentrate. The water amount will have to be adjusted, depending on other liquids used.
- Using a blender, add 1/2 cup of water, followed by all remaining ingredients in order listed above in blender. Blend on high until frosting is similar to the consistency of whipped cream. Add additional water as needed.
- If using a food processor, add all ingredients expect water. Pulse, gradually pouring in water until desired consistency is reached.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe
Powered by Facebook Comments