A Little Cooking Show – Episode 1
A Cooking Show with Rachel O – Thursday’s Dinner* is now live! Have a look!
On this week’s episode, I’ll also show you what’s in the Abundant Harvest Organics box that I just received. Then I’ll make Minestrone Soup with many of those ingredients. Feel free to follow along and cook with me!
- 1 lg. onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 C green beans, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 C daikon radishes, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 C squash, chopped
- 2 C kale/spinach, chopped
- 1/2 C crushed or diced tomatoes
- 3-4 C chicken or vegetable stock
- 5-6 C water
- 4 T olive oil
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/4 t all spice
- 1 1/2 T dried basil
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves removed, stems discarded
- 1 T fresh oregano, chopped (opt.)
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, removed from stem (opt.)
- 1 t fresh sage, chopped (opt.)
- 1 1/2 C garbonzo or canelini beans
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 1 t honey
- 1/4 C red wine (or red wine vinegar)
- 1-2 C rotini rice pasta, uncooked
- Add oil to hot soup pot (I use a cast iron pot), add onions and cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add remaining veggies (except kale or spinach) and cook until softened, about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add wine and stir around to deglaze the pan. Add tomatoes, herbs and spices (except parsley).
- Add stock and water; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Add balsamic vinegar, honey and beans. Cook 30 minutes.
- Add pasta, parsley and kale/spinach. Cook 10 – 15 minutes more, or until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese, alongside your favorite crostini or crusty bread.
I’m going to serve this with homemade French Bread.
*Note: The name was changed to A Cooking Show with Rachel O – This Week’s Feast after the first episode.