Mindy’s Steak Sandwich
|Mindy’s Steak Sandwich||
- 2(10 ounce) thick boneless New York strip steak
- 2 loaves of mini focaccia bread
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 large portobella mushroom
- 2 slices of smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- To prep take mayonnaise and mix together with garlic and set aside.
- Slice yellow onion in rings and mushrooms and place into a saute pan. Oil pan with olive oil and cook veggies on medium heat until onions and mushrooms soften and brown.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and set on preheated BBQ on Medium high heat. Grill on each side for 3 minutes or until medium rare. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- While cooling, slice each loaf of focaccia bread and place on grill for 30 seconds. Once finished spread garlic mayo on one side of the loaf.
- Slice cooled meat and lay evenly on bread. Top meat with Gouda, mushrooms and onions. Slice in half and serve.