I would like a Steak Sandwich please!! – Guest Post
I’ve known Mindy (or Melinda) since my years in Texas. She’s a dear, sweet friend. She’s stylish, creative, generous, and makes a fabulous Mojito! We’ve known each other through ups and downs, moves and marriages, and had many fun times together. She’s such a blessing to me!
My name is Melinda Parker, I am a married, working woman in Los Angeles and live in Laguna Beach. My husband and I manage to see each other about 3 times a week and cooking is one ofÃ‚ the thingsÃ‚ I love to do but after an hour and a half commute each way to work and backÃ‚ I find little time and energy to cook on a regular basis. This is where my love for the BBQ comes in handy. I love the quickness, easy clean up and very little dishes it leaves me with. This meal is delicious and can be made with all different kinds of meat and veggies. I choose to use some of my favorite foods to make this tasty sandwich. I also included a summer cocktail with this sandwitch. I think “cooking” with liquid can be just as fun and creative too.
Rachel and I met when I was attending Bible School as a student and she worked for the School. She was outgoing, beautiful and had a love for the Lord that was so appealing. I and some of my close classmates were assigned to Rachel as our leader in Bible study. Ever since that year we have stayed in touch beingÃ‚ thousands of miles apart and now God has brought us closer in miles and friendship.Ã‚ We are now in Bible Study againÃ‚ together inÃ‚ her and her husband’s adorable apartment in LA and enjoy every time I get to be a part of her life and apart in her delicious and creative food. She inspires me to cook and get creative with the little time I have. Love you Rach!
|Mindy’s Cucumber Mojito|
- One quarter inch slice of cucumber
- 5-7 large mint leaves
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 2 1/2-3 ounces rum
- sparkling water
- Muddle cucumber and mint in a cocktail shaker.
- Add lime juice and agave and fill with ice.
- Pour rum over ice and top off with sparkling water.
- Mix or shake and pour into cocktail glass.
|Mindy’s Steak Sandwich||
- 2(10 ounce) thick boneless New York strip steak
- 2 loaves of mini focaccia bread
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 large portobella mushroom
- 2 slices of smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- To prep take mayonnaise and mix together with garlic and set aside.
- Slice yellow onion in rings and mushrooms and place into a saute pan. Oil pan with olive oil and cook veggies on medium heat until onions and mushrooms soften and brown.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and set on preheated BBQ on Medium high heat. Grill on each side for 3 minutes or until medium rare. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- While cooling, slice each loaf of focaccia bread and place on grill for 30 seconds. Once finished spread garlic mayo on one side of the loaf.
- Slice cooled meat and lay evenly on bread. Top meat with Gouda, mushrooms and onions. Slice in half and serve.